Welcome Guest. Sign in or Signup

2 Answers

TSA Requirement for instrument student

Asked by: 1954 views Instrument Rating

If I take on an instrument student that already has the citenship endorsement in his logbook, do I need to collect this information again for my records?


Ace Any FAA Written Test!
Actual FAA Questions / Free Lifetime Updates
The best explanations in the business
Fast, efficient study.
Pass Your Checkride With Confidence!
FAA Practical Test prep that reflects actual checkrides.
Any checkride: Airplane, Helicopter, Glider, etc.
Written and maintained by actual pilot examiners and master CFIs.
The World's Most Trusted eLogbook
Be Organized, Current, Professional, and Safe.
Highly customizable - for student pilots through pros.
Free Transition Service for users of other eLogs.
Our sincere thanks to pilots such as yourself who support AskACFI while helping themselves by using the awesome PC, Mac, iPhone/iPad, and Android aviation apps of our sponsors.

2 Answers

  1. Chris Carlson on Jan 21, 2013

    AOPA has a good FAQ answer sheet, as well as a link to the actual documentation from TSA if you want to put yourself to sleep.
    It is my understanding that if the students approval is from TSA for that individual student to work with that individual school, so if the school has changed, do it again.


    –Government Document

    0 Votes Thumb up 0 Votes Thumb down 0 Votes

  2. MaggotCFII on Jan 21, 2013

    If the student is a U.S. Citizen, TSA approval is not needed.

    I would suggest that you verify citizenship for you own records, meaning confirm
    the logbook entry and copy that for your records.

    Think of it as a “CYA” (cover your a–).

    The Help Desk at the Flightschoolcandidates.gov site is quite helpful and responds

    0 Votes Thumb up 0 Votes Thumb down 0 Votes

The following terms have been auto-detected the question above and any answers or discussion provided. Click on a term to see its definition from the Dauntless Aviation JargonBuster Glossary.

Answer Question

Our sincere thanks to all who contribute constructively to this forum in answering flight training questions. If you are a flight instructor or represent a flight school / FBO offering flight instruction, you are welcome to include links to your site and related contact information as it pertains to offering local flight instruction in a specific geographic area. Additionally, direct links to FAA and related official government sources of information are welcome. However we thank you for your understanding that links to other sites or text that may be construed as explicit or implicit advertising of other business, sites, or goods/services are not permitted even if such links nominally are relevant to the question asked.