Welcome Guest. Sign in or Signup

1 Answers

Which license is mostly valid around the world? JAA,CASA or FAA

Asked by: 3119 views General Aviation


My name is Praveen. I am an indian citizen. I'm planning to develope my career as an airline pilot. So I've decided to take CPL with frozen ATPL. I have three options to go for training U.S.A, Europe, and Australia. I am confused where to go. After completion I want to work in India or Middle East. I want to know which among these ' FAA,CASA,JAA' licenses will give first preference while choosing an employee?

Kind Regards

Ace Any FAA Written Test!
Actual FAA Questions / Free Lifetime Updates
The best explanations in the business
Fast, efficient study.
Pass Your Checkride With Confidence!
FAA Practical Test prep that reflects actual checkrides.
Any checkride: Airplane, Helicopter, Glider, etc.
Written and maintained by actual pilot examiners and master CFIs.
The World's Most Trusted eLogbook
Be Organized, Current, Professional, and Safe.
Highly customizable - for student pilots through pros.
Free Transition Service for users of other eLogs.
Our sincere thanks to pilots such as yourself who support AskACFI while helping themselves by using the awesome PC, Mac, iPhone/iPad, and Android aviation apps of our sponsors.

1 Answers

  1. Wes Beard on Jan 21, 2013

    Your best bet is to contact a few companies in the areas you want to work and see what they prefer.

    Most countries recognize a US license. However, recently the European Union took away the ability for US pilots to easily obtain concurrent EASA (JAA) licenses. The US still allows you to obtain a US license based on a license from an ICAO country. If you need both, it may be better to get the EASA license first and then a US license…. I think this may be more expensive though.

    +1 Votes Thumb up 1 Votes Thumb down 0 Votes

The following terms have been auto-detected the question above and any answers or discussion provided. Click on a term to see its definition from the Dauntless Aviation JargonBuster Glossary.

Answer Question

Our sincere thanks to all who contribute constructively to this forum in answering flight training questions. If you are a flight instructor or represent a flight school / FBO offering flight instruction, you are welcome to include links to your site and related contact information as it pertains to offering local flight instruction in a specific geographic area. Additionally, direct links to FAA and related official government sources of information are welcome. However we thank you for your understanding that links to other sites or text that may be construed as explicit or implicit advertising of other business, sites, or goods/services are not permitted even if such links nominally are relevant to the question asked.