Welcome Guest. Sign in or Signup

2 Answers


Asked by: 1820 views Instrument Rating

I am asking about while I am making my instrument rate if I made 300 neutical mile cross country flight did I have to repeat it when I make my CPL training?

My second question: If I done 10 hours on complex aeroplane while I am doing my IFR do I have to  repeat them when I do my CPL training.

Ace Any FAA Written Test!
Actual FAA Questions / Free Lifetime Updates
The best explanations in the business
Fast, efficient study.
Pass Your Checkride With Confidence!
FAA Practical Test prep that reflects actual checkrides.
Any checkride: Airplane, Helicopter, Glider, etc.
Written and maintained by actual pilot examiners and master CFIs.
The World's Most Trusted eLogbook
Be Organized, Current, Professional, and Safe.
Highly customizable - for student pilots through pros.
Free Transition Service for users of other eLogs.
Our sincere thanks to pilots such as yourself who support AskACFI while helping themselves by using the awesome PC, Mac, iPhone/iPad, and Android aviation apps of our sponsors.

2 Answers

  1. Ron Klutts on Jan 02, 2013

    The requirements are that you have to accomplish those tasks, it’s not required that it be done during any specific time period or training for the CPL. My long 300nm trip with 3 landings was done 4 years prior to actually starting the CPL training and it just worked out that way.

    0 Votes Thumb up 0 Votes Thumb down 0 Votes

  2. Mark Kolber on Jan 06, 2013

    fathi, just to be sure, which flights are you talking about?

    Are you saying that, after getting your private certificate, you did a 300 nm/3 landing solo cross country trip while acquiring the 50 cross country PIC time you need for the instrument rating under 61.65(e)?

    If so, I agree with Ron.

    0 Votes Thumb up 0 Votes Thumb down 0 Votes

The following terms have been auto-detected the question above and any answers or discussion provided. Click on a term to see its definition from the Dauntless Aviation JargonBuster Glossary.

Answer Question

Our sincere thanks to all who contribute constructively to this forum in answering flight training questions. If you are a flight instructor or represent a flight school / FBO offering flight instruction, you are welcome to include links to your site and related contact information as it pertains to offering local flight instruction in a specific geographic area. Additionally, direct links to FAA and related official government sources of information are welcome. However we thank you for your understanding that links to other sites or text that may be construed as explicit or implicit advertising of other business, sites, or goods/services are not permitted even if such links nominally are relevant to the question asked.