Welcome Guest. Sign in or Signup

2 Answers

Can the FIA written test be used to get an AGI certificate?

Asked by: 2853 views , , , ,
Flight Instructor

Hi there,

in order to get an AGI certificate i'd need to take the FOI written test and AGI written test. Ok, now: in a month i'm having my CFI checkride but i'm worried about FAA delays and willing to start instruct ASAP so i was wondering if in the meantime i can get a AGI certificate presenting my FOI and FIA written tests relsults at the FSDO.

Can anyone help me?

Ace Any FAA Written Test!
Dauntless Aviation's GroundSchool series of apps are the smart pilot's choice for fast and effective FAA knowledge test prep.
Actual, up-to-date FAA questions Polished user experience
Best explanations in the business Free lifetime updates!
Private Pilot IFR Commercial Pilot CFI ATP Sport Pilot Sport Pilot Instructor Parachute Rigger Aviation Mechanic (A&P)
You can get the app now and be studying right away. Available for PC, Mac, iPhone/iPad, and Android.

2 Answers

  1. lo_fly on Nov 30, 2012

    i think i’ve found the answer: i can get only a BGI. The AFI written includes all AGI knowledge but part 61.155 so i’m not eligible.
    Am i right?

    0 Votes Thumb up 0 Votes Thumb down 0 Votes

  2. Dan Miller on Dec 15, 2012

    To be clear, you are wanting the CGI with an Advanced rating. You can actually take the BGI, AGI, and/or IGI. To obtain the CGI you will need one of the writtens mentioned (BGI, AGI or IGI), the FOI and an application (8710). I believe the FSDO will still need the application on paper rather than IACRA but you can check with them when you make your appointment. Show up at the FSDO with items in hand, they will review and issue a Certified Ground Instructor (CGI) certificate.

    0 Votes Thumb up 0 Votes Thumb down 0 Votes

The following terms have been auto-detected the question above and any answers or discussion provided. Click on a term to see its definition from the Dauntless Aviation JargonBuster Glossary.

Answer Question

Our sincere thanks to all who contribute constructively to this forum in answering flight training questions. If you are a flight instructor or represent a flight school / FBO offering flight instruction, you are welcome to include links to your site and related contact information as it pertains to offering local flight instruction in a specific geographic area. Additionally, direct links to FAA and related official government sources of information are welcome. However we thank you for your understanding that links to other sites or text that may be construed as explicit or implicit advertising of other business, sites, or goods/services are not permitted even if such links nominally are relevant to the question asked.