Welcome Guest. Sign in or Signup

1 Answers

Advanced Ground Instructor

Asked by: 3595 views FAA Regulations, Flight Instructor

Is it true that Flight/Ground Instructor Book (fr. Gleim), will prepare you for the AGI?

Im wondering, cause to me it sounds kind of weird, that the regular CFI-A book (Flight/Ground Instr.) qualifies you to take a test for an “advanced ground instructor”, specially since it includes more questions as far as i know.


Ace Any FAA Written Test!
Actual FAA Questions / Free Lifetime Updates
The best explanations in the business
Fast, efficient study.
Pass Your Checkride With Confidence!
FAA Practical Test prep that reflects actual checkrides.
Any checkride: Airplane, Helicopter, Glider, etc.
Written and maintained by actual pilot examiners and master CFIs.
The World's Most Trusted eLogbook
Be Organized, Current, Professional, and Safe.
Highly customizable - for student pilots through pros.
Free Transition Service for users of other eLogs.
Our sincere thanks to pilots such as yourself who support AskACFI while helping themselves by using the awesome PC, Mac, iPhone/iPad, and Android aviation apps of our sponsors.

1 Answers

  1. Wes Beard on Nov 26, 2012

    The CFI test and the GI tests all pull from the same test question bank. The difference is the CFI-A test will only pull general knowledge and airplane specific questions for the test. It will not pull helicopter, glider or other aircraft category specific questions.

    The AGI will pull from the whole test bank. You will most likely get questions that are aircraft specific to helicopters, gliders, etc… as well as airplane specific.

    I studied using the Gleim books and didn’t have any issues passing either test.

    +1 Votes Thumb up 1 Votes Thumb down 0 Votes

The following terms have been auto-detected the question above and any answers or discussion provided. Click on a term to see its definition from the Dauntless Aviation JargonBuster Glossary.

Answer Question

Our sincere thanks to all who contribute constructively to this forum in answering flight training questions. If you are a flight instructor or represent a flight school / FBO offering flight instruction, you are welcome to include links to your site and related contact information as it pertains to offering local flight instruction in a specific geographic area. Additionally, direct links to FAA and related official government sources of information are welcome. However we thank you for your understanding that links to other sites or text that may be construed as explicit or implicit advertising of other business, sites, or goods/services are not permitted even if such links nominally are relevant to the question asked.