Welcome Guest. Sign in or Signup

2 Answers

Commercial Pilot Rating

Asked by: 2130 views Uncategorized

I'm a rotorcraft CFI and I want to add on a fixed wing commercial license (I do not have my fixed wing private).  Since I'm already a rated pilot (rotorcraft) what is the requirement for cross country signoffs?  Do I need a 90 day endorsement from my instructor for each airport outside of 25NM?  I don't believe I do since I'm already a rated pilot.  Since my instructor has endorsed me to fly solo solo (with a xwind limitation) I believe that permits me to fly to airports of my choosing at my discretion.  Thoughts?

Ace Any FAA Written Test!
Actual FAA Questions / Free Lifetime Updates
The best explanations in the business
Fast, efficient study.
Pass Your Checkride With Confidence!
FAA Practical Test prep that reflects actual checkrides.
Any checkride: Airplane, Helicopter, Glider, etc.
Written and maintained by actual pilot examiners and master CFIs.
The World's Most Trusted eLogbook
Be Organized, Current, Professional, and Safe.
Highly customizable - for student pilots through pros.
Free Transition Service for users of other eLogs.
Our sincere thanks to pilots such as yourself who support AskACFI while helping themselves by using the awesome PC, Mac, iPhone/iPad, and Android aviation apps of our sponsors.

2 Answers

  1. Best Answer

    Sam Dawson on Nov 14, 2012

    You are no longer a student pilot so the only endorsement you need is one authorizing you to be a PIC in airplanes for solo operations only. There are no limits put on such an endorsement unless your CFI specifies them- it does not even expire unless there is an expiration put on it. I have trained a number of Army pilots in your situation and have some information on my website.

    +1 Votes Thumb up 1 Votes Thumb down 0 Votes

  2. BigDukeSix on Nov 14, 2012

    Thanks Sam!

    0 Votes Thumb up 0 Votes Thumb down 0 Votes

Answer Question

Our sincere thanks to all who contribute constructively to this forum in answering flight training questions. If you are a flight instructor or represent a flight school / FBO offering flight instruction, you are welcome to include links to your site and related contact information as it pertains to offering local flight instruction in a specific geographic area. Additionally, direct links to FAA and related official government sources of information are welcome. However we thank you for your understanding that links to other sites or text that may be construed as explicit or implicit advertising of other business, sites, or goods/services are not permitted even if such links nominally are relevant to the question asked.