Welcome Guest. Sign in or Signup

1 Answers

Logging Point-to-Point Cross-Country time (for Part 135) when a student/private pilot..

Asked by: 4244 views FAA Regulations, Private Pilot, Student Pilot

Hi all!

I had a quick question about logging flight time, especially Point-To-Point Cross-Country flight time. I have my PPL and understand the 50 nm requirements for those ratings. However, the part 135 requirements are a little more confusing. I know that you can log any flight that involves a landing at a different airport as point-top-point XC flight, regardless of the distance. Now, the question is - are flights as a student pilot (with instructor on board, and dual received)  considered XC flights for the PArt 135 requirements?

Furthermore, do flights with an instructor after earning PPL, but working towards IR (with a CFII) count as point-to-point XC time? I know some of it can be counted as PIC time as well.

Thanks and look forward to your thoughts!

Ace Any FAA Written Test!
Actual FAA Questions / Free Lifetime Updates
The best explanations in the business
Fast, efficient study.
Pass Your Checkride With Confidence!
FAA Practical Test prep that reflects actual checkrides.
Any checkride: Airplane, Helicopter, Glider, etc.
Written and maintained by actual pilot examiners and master CFIs.
The World's Most Trusted eLogbook
Be Organized, Current, Professional, and Safe.
Highly customizable - for student pilots through pros.
Free Transition Service for users of other eLogs.
Our sincere thanks to pilots such as yourself who support AskACFI while helping themselves by using the awesome PC, Mac, iPhone/iPad, and Android aviation apps of our sponsors.

1 Answers

  1. Wes Beard on Jun 08, 2012

    Any flight where you make a landing at another airport can be counted towards the 500 hours XC time needed for Part 135 including before and after your PPL license.
    After you receive your PPL license, you can log all time as PIC time where you are the sole manipulator of the controls. 

    +1 Votes Thumb up 1 Votes Thumb down 0 Votes

The following terms have been auto-detected the question above and any answers or discussion provided. Click on a term to see its definition from the Dauntless Aviation JargonBuster Glossary.

Answer Question

Our sincere thanks to all who contribute constructively to this forum in answering flight training questions. If you are a flight instructor or represent a flight school / FBO offering flight instruction, you are welcome to include links to your site and related contact information as it pertains to offering local flight instruction in a specific geographic area. Additionally, direct links to FAA and related official government sources of information are welcome. However we thank you for your understanding that links to other sites or text that may be construed as explicit or implicit advertising of other business, sites, or goods/services are not permitted even if such links nominally are relevant to the question asked.