Welcome Guest. Sign in or Signup

1 Answers

Have ATP want CFI & CFII

Asked by: 2709 views Flight Instructor, Instrument Rating

I haven't flown in while but I have over 4,500 hours from the AF and civilian flying.  I have an ATP with Airplane MEL, commercial privalges and airplane CEL.  I'd like to get a CFI and CFII ratings.  Whats the best route?



Ace Any FAA Written Test!
Dauntless Aviation's GroundSchool series of apps are the smart pilot's choice for fast and effective FAA knowledge test prep.
Actual, up-to-date FAA questions Polished user experience
Best explanations in the business Free lifetime updates!
Private Pilot IFR Commercial Pilot CFI ATP Sport Pilot Sport Pilot Instructor Parachute Rigger Aviation Mechanic (A&P)
You can get the app now and be studying right away. Available for PC, Mac, iPhone/iPad, and Android.

1 Answers

  1. Kris Kortokrax on Mar 08, 2012

    If you were an instructor pilot in the military, you can apply for and receive a flight instructor airplane and instrument instructor certificate based upon your military competence.  See 61.73
    If not, you would probably want to start with the CFI ASEL (I’m guessing that the CEL in your question should be SEL).  Then, add the CFII.  If you want to teach in a multi, then add the Multi-engine rating to your CFI.
    Knowledge tests needed: FOI, Flight Instructor & Instrument Instructor.
    Suggest you contact a flight school near you and speak to an instructor.

    +5 Votes Thumb up 6 Votes Thumb down 1 Votes

The following terms have been auto-detected the question above and any answers or discussion provided. Click on a term to see its definition from the Dauntless Aviation JargonBuster Glossary.

Answer Question

Our sincere thanks to all who contribute constructively to this forum in answering flight training questions. If you are a flight instructor or represent a flight school / FBO offering flight instruction, you are welcome to include links to your site and related contact information as it pertains to offering local flight instruction in a specific geographic area. Additionally, direct links to FAA and related official government sources of information are welcome. However we thank you for your understanding that links to other sites or text that may be construed as explicit or implicit advertising of other business, sites, or goods/services are not permitted even if such links nominally are relevant to the question asked.