Welcome Guest. Sign in or Signup

1 Answers


Asked by: 4473 views Student Pilot

I am an undergraduate in Nigeria, now in final year studying physics and electronics, I however want to proceed to a flying school after my Degree. Please I need an advice on which country and which School is the best for me(low cost and Quality flight Trainnig), Should I start by going for PPL and later to CPL or I should start from Zero to ATPL as some school refers and also how to become a successful world class professinal Pilot. Also ain addition to my question is the chances of securing a job as a Pilot. Thanks.

Ace Any FAA Written Test!
Actual FAA Questions / Free Lifetime Updates
The best explanations in the business
Fast, efficient study.
Pass Your Checkride With Confidence!
FAA Practical Test prep that reflects actual checkrides.
Any checkride: Airplane, Helicopter, Glider, etc.
Written and maintained by actual pilot examiners and master CFIs.
The World's Most Trusted eLogbook
Be Organized, Current, Professional, and Safe.
Highly customizable - for student pilots through pros.
Free Transition Service for users of other eLogs.
Our sincere thanks to pilots such as yourself who support AskACFI while helping themselves by using the awesome PC, Mac, iPhone/iPad, and Android aviation apps of our sponsors.

1 Answers

  1. Derek Schwalenberg on Jan 22, 2012

    If you are going to fly in Nigeria, or whatever country you plan on flying in, you will want to make sure that they recognize (or that you can easily transfer) the license to that country from the country where you do the training. You don’t want to find out that you trained in Canada and South Africa doesn’t allow their local commercial operators to fly on a licencse from another country or transfer in easily from Canada. (I don’t know for sure about South Africa/Canadian relations I am just making an example). I know the United States and Canada will allow other licenses to fly in and out from the country, but not operate from within the country unless you get a license from that said country. However, they recognize each other’s licenses so much so that the transfer is typically just a matter of paperwork..

    +1 Votes Thumb up 1 Votes Thumb down 0 Votes

The following terms have been auto-detected the question above and any answers or discussion provided. Click on a term to see its definition from the Dauntless Aviation JargonBuster Glossary.

Answer Question

Our sincere thanks to all who contribute constructively to this forum in answering flight training questions. If you are a flight instructor or represent a flight school / FBO offering flight instruction, you are welcome to include links to your site and related contact information as it pertains to offering local flight instruction in a specific geographic area. Additionally, direct links to FAA and related official government sources of information are welcome. However we thank you for your understanding that links to other sites or text that may be construed as explicit or implicit advertising of other business, sites, or goods/services are not permitted even if such links nominally are relevant to the question asked.