Welcome Guest. Sign in or Signup

3 Answers

Can i fly a N registered aircraft within Spain airspace with my JAR license issued in Spain?

Asked by: 3117 views FAA Regulations

Hello, i would like to know if it is posible to fly a N registered lightaircraft within Spain boundaries using my JAR CPL (A) license issued in Spain.

And in case it is posible, can i use my JAR logbook to log the time on?

I know it applies for many countries but in Spain nobody seems to know much about this and i do not know where can i find the answer.

The thing is that a friend of mine has a lightaircraft with N registration and i would like to log some hours if it is legal.


Ace Any FAA Written Test!
Actual FAA Questions / Free Lifetime Updates
The best explanations in the business
Fast, efficient study.
Pass Your Checkride With Confidence!
FAA Practical Test prep that reflects actual checkrides.
Any checkride: Airplane, Helicopter, Glider, etc.
Written and maintained by actual pilot examiners and master CFIs.
The World's Most Trusted eLogbook
Be Organized, Current, Professional, and Safe.
Highly customizable - for student pilots through pros.
Free Transition Service for users of other eLogs.
Our sincere thanks to pilots such as yourself who support AskACFI while helping themselves by using the awesome PC, Mac, iPhone/iPad, and Android aviation apps of our sponsors.

3 Answers

  1. Kris Kortokrax on Nov 27, 2011

    Assuming that you are currently in Spain, why not go to an airport and ask a Spanish flight instructor.  If he doesn’t know the answer, then perhaps he can direct you to someone who does.
    Alternatively, you may apply for and be granted a US pilot certificate based upon your Spanish license.  It would be issued with Private privileges, but would allow you to fly an N registered airplane anywhere.  Don’t know anywhere overseas where this could be accomplished.  You probably would need to come to the US to get it.  Information about the process is on http://www.faa.gov

    +2 Votes Thumb up 2 Votes Thumb down 0 Votes

  2. Marc on Nov 29, 2011

    Yes i am in Spain, the thing is that i have asked to many FTO’s and instructors and nobody has given me an answer. I have called to Aviation Authorities in Spain and they say that JAR licenses permit to fly aircraft registered in a JAR country only.
    Then i know for sure that in other JAR countries (UK, Germany, France) and maybe more, it is a usual practice.
    Thanks for replying.

    0 Votes Thumb up 0 Votes Thumb down 0 Votes

  3. Matthew Waugh on Dec 01, 2011

    As I understand it (and I’m not saying I do) the FAA is fine with it. So it’s up to each individual country where the flight will take place to determine if THEY are OK with it.
    Since you’ve talked to the “Aviation Authorities in Spain” and they have said you cannot fly an N-registered plane that would seem to be a definitive answer, unless you have some reason to distrust the people you asked. The fact that it’s allowed in other countries isn’t relevant.

    0 Votes Thumb up 0 Votes Thumb down 0 Votes

The following terms have been auto-detected the question above and any answers or discussion provided. Click on a term to see its definition from the Dauntless Aviation JargonBuster Glossary.

Answer Question

Our sincere thanks to all who contribute constructively to this forum in answering flight training questions. If you are a flight instructor or represent a flight school / FBO offering flight instruction, you are welcome to include links to your site and related contact information as it pertains to offering local flight instruction in a specific geographic area. Additionally, direct links to FAA and related official government sources of information are welcome. However we thank you for your understanding that links to other sites or text that may be construed as explicit or implicit advertising of other business, sites, or goods/services are not permitted even if such links nominally are relevant to the question asked.