Welcome Guest. Sign in or Signup

What are the requirements for an international student to begin training.  What paperwork must be filled out, and where can I get this paperwork?  If you can attach the link or just instructions on how to find it, thank you.

Ace Any FAA Written Test!
Actual FAA Questions / Free Lifetime Updates
The best explanations in the business
Fast, efficient study.
Pass Your Checkride With Confidence!
FAA Practical Test prep that reflects actual checkrides.
Any checkride: Airplane, Helicopter, Glider, etc.
Written and maintained by actual pilot examiners and master CFIs.
The World's Most Trusted eLogbook
Be Organized, Current, Professional, and Safe.
Highly customizable - for student pilots through pros.
Free Transition Service for users of other eLogs.
Our sincere thanks to pilots such as yourself who support AskACFI while helping themselves by using the awesome PC, Mac, iPhone/iPad, and Android aviation apps of our sponsors.

3 Answers

  1. Kris Kortokrax on Nov 22, 2011

    If you are not a resident of the United States, you will need to undergo a screening from TSA.  Your best bet is to contact the school you will attend for training.  After the screening, you will be tied to the school you choose.

    +2 Votes Thumb up 2 Votes Thumb down 0 Votes

  2. Matthew Waugh on Nov 24, 2011

    This is a ver useful link:

    0 Votes Thumb up 0 Votes Thumb down 0 Votes

  3. JamesCFI on Nov 25, 2011

      I’ve trained intl’ guys when I was freelancing.
    Really no big deal, just takes a while for TSA to “process” everything, but what else would one expect from TSA right lol
     Here is the website your Flight School or independent CFI will use to get you all cleared, it has a FAQ with all the documents you will need etc.

    0 Votes Thumb up 0 Votes Thumb down 0 Votes

The following terms have been auto-detected the question above and any answers or discussion provided. Click on a term to see its definition from the Dauntless Aviation JargonBuster Glossary.

Answer Question

Our sincere thanks to all who contribute constructively to this forum in answering flight training questions. If you are a flight instructor or represent a flight school / FBO offering flight instruction, you are welcome to include links to your site and related contact information as it pertains to offering local flight instruction in a specific geographic area. Additionally, direct links to FAA and related official government sources of information are welcome. However we thank you for your understanding that links to other sites or text that may be construed as explicit or implicit advertising of other business, sites, or goods/services are not permitted even if such links nominally are relevant to the question asked.