Welcome Guest. Sign in or Signup

1 Answers

What documents will be needed for someone on an H1B to receive training for Private Pilot Ticket

Asked by: 4165 views
FAA Regulations, General Aviation, Private Pilot

I have a potential student who is interested in becoming a private pilot. He lives and works in the US but is Indian and working under an H1B. Green card is 3 years out. Is there a good place to reference for what documents he should start preparing to start training, for TSA and other. In other words, is there a good checklist of documents for him to start acquiring. I will also be asking the FSDO as well, but also looking for additional useful starting points for him.

Ace Any FAA Written Test!
Actual FAA Questions / Free Lifetime Updates
The best explanations in the business
Fast, efficient study.
Pass Your Checkride With Confidence!
FAA Practical Test prep that reflects actual checkrides.
Any checkride: Airplane, Helicopter, Glider, etc.
Written and maintained by actual pilot examiners and master CFIs.
The World's Most Trusted eLogbook
Be Organized, Current, Professional, and Safe.
Highly customizable - for student pilots through pros.
Free Transition Service for users of other eLogs.
Our sincere thanks to pilots such as yourself who support AskACFI while helping themselves by using the awesome PC, Mac, iPhone/iPad, and Android aviation apps of our sponsors.

1 Answers

  1. John D. Collins on Jul 20, 2011

    I have gone thru the TSA process and it is a bureaucratic mess. If you are planning on instructing the student and are a free lance instructor, you have to apply to the TSA to become a Flight Training Provider.  The TSA describes on their website what the student has to do and what the Flight School has to do.  I would suggest you read thru both processes.  The TSA website for providers is: https://www.flightschoolcandidates.gov/afsp2/?acct_type=p&section=WN  The website for students is: https://www.flightschoolcandidates.gov/afsp2/?acct_type=c&section=WN
    The relevant regulations can be found in: http://www.tsa.gov/assets/pdf/IFR_Alien_Pilot.pdf
    You will want to obtain a new provider account before your student applies so that they can select you as the flight school provider and choose your private pilot course. 

    0 Votes Thumb up 0 Votes Thumb down 0 Votes

The following terms have been auto-detected the question above and any answers or discussion provided. Click on a term to see its definition from the Dauntless Aviation JargonBuster Glossary.

Answer Question

Our sincere thanks to all who contribute constructively to this forum in answering flight training questions. If you are a flight instructor or represent a flight school / FBO offering flight instruction, you are welcome to include links to your site and related contact information as it pertains to offering local flight instruction in a specific geographic area. Additionally, direct links to FAA and related official government sources of information are welcome. However we thank you for your understanding that links to other sites or text that may be construed as explicit or implicit advertising of other business, sites, or goods/services are not permitted even if such links nominally are relevant to the question asked.