Welcome Guest. Sign in or Signup

3 Answers


Asked by: 5274 views
FAA Regulations


My name is Rashi Joshi and I hold an FAA ATP with Airbus A320 endorsement on it.

My present company needs me to do a PROF CHECK on the Airbus 320 now.

My licence was issued on 30th May 2011.

How do I do a prof check on A320 outside the states now and/or If there is any sort of regulation that can help me get out of this problem of travelling to the US all the way again.

Please respond ASAP. need this urgent help.


Ace Any FAA Written Test!
Actual FAA Questions / Free Lifetime Updates
The best explanations in the business
Fast, efficient study.
Pass Your Checkride With Confidence!
FAA Practical Test prep that reflects actual checkrides.
Any checkride: Airplane, Helicopter, Glider, etc.
Written and maintained by actual pilot examiners and master CFIs.
The World's Most Trusted eLogbook
Be Organized, Current, Professional, and Safe.
Highly customizable - for student pilots through pros.
Free Transition Service for users of other eLogs.
Our sincere thanks to pilots such as yourself who support AskACFI while helping themselves by using the awesome PC, Mac, iPhone/iPad, and Android aviation apps of our sponsors.

3 Answers

  1. Paul Tocknell on Jul 14, 2011

    Hi Rashi,

    This question is a little outside the realm of most of the instructors on this site.  Wes Beard may be of some assistance with this one thanks to his experience training international students.

    I’m suprised no one at your company’s training department has not been able to offer you more guidance.  


    0 Votes Thumb up 0 Votes Thumb down 0 Votes

  2. Wes Beard on Jul 14, 2011

    A little more information would be helpful.  Are you operating under Part 91 or Part 121 / 135?
    If you are operating under Part 121/135, your company has approved check airmen that can administer a proficiency check.
    If you are operating under Part 91, you will need to contact the FSDO for Asia and talk with them on what to do.  Most likely, you will need to visit a training center where qualified check airmen can give you a 61.58 check.
    It is a little strange to have to obtain a 61.58 check when your able to act as pilot in command now due to passing your A320 type rating only a couple months ago.  My best guess is that you are operating under 121/135 and need to talk with your company.

    0 Votes Thumb up 0 Votes Thumb down 0 Votes

  3. Matthew Waugh on Jul 17, 2011

    You need an A320 sim. maintained in accordance with FAA regulations and an instructor/check pilot who is certified by the FAA to conduct a “PROF CHECK” in such a sim. Certainly such beasts exist in Europe – but as to exactly where……
    All I can say is call Flight Safety International – if they can’t hook you up then I can’t imagine who can.

    0 Votes Thumb up 0 Votes Thumb down 0 Votes

The following terms have been auto-detected the question above and any answers or discussion provided. Click on a term to see its definition from the Dauntless Aviation JargonBuster Glossary.

Answer Question

Our sincere thanks to all who contribute constructively to this forum in answering flight training questions. If you are a flight instructor or represent a flight school / FBO offering flight instruction, you are welcome to include links to your site and related contact information as it pertains to offering local flight instruction in a specific geographic area. Additionally, direct links to FAA and related official government sources of information are welcome. However we thank you for your understanding that links to other sites or text that may be construed as explicit or implicit advertising of other business, sites, or goods/services are not permitted even if such links nominally are relevant to the question asked.