Welcome Guest. Sign in or Signup

1 Answers

Rotary Wing GA to LSA fixed wing

Asked by: 4188 views , , ,
Light Sport Aircraft

I have a commercial rotary wing license and instrument rating.  What do I need to do to get a LSA fixed wing endorsement? 

Ace Any FAA Written Test!
Actual FAA Questions / Free Lifetime Updates
The best explanations in the business
Fast, efficient study.
Pass Your Checkride With Confidence!
FAA Practical Test prep that reflects actual checkrides.
Any checkride: Airplane, Helicopter, Glider, etc.
Written and maintained by actual pilot examiners and master CFIs.
The World's Most Trusted eLogbook
Be Organized, Current, Professional, and Safe.
Highly customizable - for student pilots through pros.
Free Transition Service for users of other eLogs.
Our sincere thanks to pilots such as yourself who support AskACFI while helping themselves by using the awesome PC, Mac, iPhone/iPad, and Android aviation apps of our sponsors.

1 Answers

  1. Lance on Mar 19, 2011

    FAR 61.63 (b) or 61.313 are going to be your sources for this.  You could add on a commercial airplane single engine land rating by having the experience required by 61.129, and your total times would count, the only new times you would need to get would be the times that must be completed in a single engine airplane.  Then while possessing this commercial certificate, you would be able to fly LSA aircraft, and should you ever decide to no longer get at least a 3rd class medical, you could still remain flying LSA aircraft as a LSA pilot.  Otherwise, you would need the times listed in 61.313, which wind up being a total of 20 hours.  So I would recommend looking into how many hours you would need to add on the commercial, then you could use that too should you ever decide that you want/need to.

    0 Votes Thumb up 1 Votes Thumb down 1 Votes

The following terms have been auto-detected the question above and any answers or discussion provided. Click on a term to see its definition from the Dauntless Aviation JargonBuster Glossary.

Answer Question

Our sincere thanks to all who contribute constructively to this forum in answering flight training questions. If you are a flight instructor or represent a flight school / FBO offering flight instruction, you are welcome to include links to your site and related contact information as it pertains to offering local flight instruction in a specific geographic area. Additionally, direct links to FAA and related official government sources of information are welcome. However we thank you for your understanding that links to other sites or text that may be construed as explicit or implicit advertising of other business, sites, or goods/services are not permitted even if such links nominally are relevant to the question asked.