Welcome Guest. Sign in or Signup

2 Answers

FAA licence

Asked by: 758 views FAA Regulations

Hello. Im an Danish airline pilot with an EASA ATPL. I finished my flight training in the US in 1991 and had an FAA CPL multi with ATPL therory. Can i in any way convert my EASA licence to a FAA licence or renew my old FAA licence and get ATPL rights with it?

Thank You very much

Ace Any FAA Written Test!
Dauntless Aviation's GroundSchool series of apps are the smart pilot's choice for fast and effective FAA knowledge test prep.
Actual, up-to-date FAA questions Polished user experience
Best explanations in the business Free lifetime updates!
Private Pilot IFR Commercial Pilot CFI ATP Sport Pilot Sport Pilot Instructor Parachute Rigger Aviation Mechanic (A&P)
You can get the app now and be studying right away. Available for PC, Mac, iPhone/iPad, and Android.

2 Answers

  1. Kris Kortokrax on Jan 09, 2017

    The FAA issues pilot certificates, not licenses. They are issued without an expiration date. Your Commercial pilot certificate is still valid. However, if it is a paper certificate, you will need to apply for a reissuance. You will be then sent a plastic certificate.

    The knowledge test has long since expired and is of no use now.

    In order to upgrade to an Airline Transport Pilot certificate, you will need to retake the knowledge test and pass a practical test.

    +2 Votes Thumb up 3 Votes Thumb down 1 Votes

  2. Raul Palazuelos on Aug 31, 2017

    Would it make any difference if i get a South American licence along with IR and ME than Having it validated to an FAA? I want to know the difference between finish the career in the US (I have PPL now) or just continue in South America, money issues obviously. Thx in.advance

    0 Votes Thumb up 0 Votes Thumb down 0 Votes

The following terms have been auto-detected the question above and any answers or discussion provided. Click on a term to see its definition from the Dauntless Aviation JargonBuster Glossary.

Answer Question

Our sincere thanks to all who contribute constructively to this forum in answering flight training questions. If you are a flight instructor or represent a flight school / FBO offering flight instruction, you are welcome to include links to your site and related contact information as it pertains to offering local flight instruction in a specific geographic area. Additionally, direct links to FAA and related official government sources of information are welcome. However we thank you for your understanding that links to other sites or text that may be construed as explicit or implicit advertising of other business, sites, or goods/services are not permitted even if such links nominally are relevant to the question asked.