Welcome Guest. Sign in or Signup

1 Answers

What license do I need to fly turboprop?

Asked by: 1932 views Private Pilot

Hello, I was wandering what license I need to do to fly turboprop? I am planning on doing my PPL, but I want to fly aircraft like the Beechcraft King Air. Would appreciate any and all help.

Ace Any FAA Written Test!
Actual FAA Questions / Free Lifetime Updates
The best explanations in the business
Fast, efficient study.
Pass Your Checkride With Confidence!
FAA Practical Test prep that reflects actual checkrides.
Any checkride: Airplane, Helicopter, Glider, etc.
Written and maintained by actual pilot examiners and master CFIs.
The World's Most Trusted eLogbook
Be Organized, Current, Professional, and Safe.
Highly customizable - for student pilots through pros.
Free Transition Service for users of other eLogs.
Our sincere thanks to pilots such as yourself who support AskACFI while helping themselves by using the awesome PC, Mac, iPhone/iPad, and Android aviation apps of our sponsors.

1 Answers

  1. jeff on Dec 25, 2015

    Theoretically you can do your private certificare with multi rating in the King Air (not the 300. That one requires a type rating. )

    But i would not recommend it. Would be an awful lot to learn in addition to the basic PPL certificate. In addition, you wouldnt save any money. Even if you had free access to the king air, The fuel for the king air would cost more than renting a trainer, like a 152/172.

    0 Votes Thumb up 1 Votes Thumb down 1 Votes

The following terms have been auto-detected the question above and any answers or discussion provided. Click on a term to see its definition from the Dauntless Aviation JargonBuster Glossary.

Answer Question

Our sincere thanks to all who contribute constructively to this forum in answering flight training questions. If you are a flight instructor or represent a flight school / FBO offering flight instruction, you are welcome to include links to your site and related contact information as it pertains to offering local flight instruction in a specific geographic area. Additionally, direct links to FAA and related official government sources of information are welcome. However we thank you for your understanding that links to other sites or text that may be construed as explicit or implicit advertising of other business, sites, or goods/services are not permitted even if such links nominally are relevant to the question asked.