Welcome Guest. Sign in or Signup

1 Answers

I got a question about getting my airframe license (l got my powerplant already)

Asked by: 1384 views FAA Regulations, General Aviation

I graduated from an A&P school. Managed to get my powerplant license, there were severeal attempts to get my airframe license but stuff kept getting in my way (ex. my grandparents deaths-not at the sametime), l started to work and forgot about my airframe license. Now l want my airframe license and l just found out that I only had 2 years but its been 3 years. What now? What is required of me to get my 8610-2 signed so l can take my test? CAN I TAKE THE TEST? Can l get my airframe license?

Ace Any FAA Written Test!
Dauntless Aviation's GroundSchool series of apps are the smart pilot's choice for fast and effective FAA knowledge test prep.
Actual, up-to-date FAA questions Polished user experience
Best explanations in the business Free lifetime updates!
Private Pilot IFR Commercial Pilot CFI ATP Sport Pilot Sport Pilot Instructor Parachute Rigger Aviation Mechanic (A&P)
You can get the app now and be studying right away. Available for PC, Mac, iPhone/iPad, and Android.

1 Answers

  1. Robert Jankowski on Mar 20, 2016

    You need to take your proof of experience (in whatever form the school gave it to you, maybe even your old 8610-2 will help but they probably won’t base it solely off of the old 8610-2) and make an appointment with your local FSDO.

    The inspector there will evaluate your documentation and if (s)he determines that you have met the requirements for taking the written, they will endorse the 8610-2 which you need so that you can then go take the written test. Once you pass the written test, you should be able to schedule your oral/practical with an examiner for the additional rating on your certificate.

    Good luck!

    0 Votes Thumb up 0 Votes Thumb down 0 Votes

The following terms have been auto-detected the question above and any answers or discussion provided. Click on a term to see its definition from the Dauntless Aviation JargonBuster Glossary.

Answer Question

Our sincere thanks to all who contribute constructively to this forum in answering flight training questions. If you are a flight instructor or represent a flight school / FBO offering flight instruction, you are welcome to include links to your site and related contact information as it pertains to offering local flight instruction in a specific geographic area. Additionally, direct links to FAA and related official government sources of information are welcome. However we thank you for your understanding that links to other sites or text that may be construed as explicit or implicit advertising of other business, sites, or goods/services are not permitted even if such links nominally are relevant to the question asked.