Welcome Guest. Sign in or Signup

2 Answers

What do I need to do to update my commerical pilot license to be valid ??

Asked by: 5118 views Commercial Pilot

I have already got the PPL , IR rating and commerial pilot license since 2003

what can i do now ?? plz Help



Ace Any FAA Written Test!
Actual FAA Questions / Free Lifetime Updates
The best explanations in the business
Fast, efficient study.
Pass Your Checkride With Confidence!
FAA Practical Test prep that reflects actual checkrides.
Any checkride: Airplane, Helicopter, Glider, etc.
Written and maintained by actual pilot examiners and master CFIs.
The World's Most Trusted eLogbook
Be Organized, Current, Professional, and Safe.
Highly customizable - for student pilots through pros.
Free Transition Service for users of other eLogs.
Our sincere thanks to pilots such as yourself who support AskACFI while helping themselves by using the awesome PC, Mac, iPhone/iPad, and Android aviation apps of our sponsors.

2 Answers

  1. Best Answer

    Kent Shook on Dec 02, 2010

    If you have an FAA commercial pilot certificate, it does not expire – Though if you’ve had it since 2003, you may still have a paper certificate, which is no longer valid. All permanent paper pilot certificates expired on March 31, 2010 – See FAR 61.19(g). If you have a paper certificate, go here: http://www.faa.gov/licenses_certificates/airmen_certification/expiring_paper_certificates/
    Other than that, your question is somewhat vague. Do you need a flight review? Instrument proficiency check? The currency requirements haven’t changed significantly since 2003, and as a commercial pilot you should know where to find those requirements in the FAR’s. If you need further assistance, post a response. Hope this helps!

    0 Votes Thumb up 0 Votes Thumb down 0 Votes

  2. Mohammed on Dec 05, 2010

    Thanks alot

    0 Votes Thumb up 0 Votes Thumb down 0 Votes

The following terms have been auto-detected the question above and any answers or discussion provided. Click on a term to see its definition from the Dauntless Aviation JargonBuster Glossary.

Answer Question

Our sincere thanks to all who contribute constructively to this forum in answering flight training questions. If you are a flight instructor or represent a flight school / FBO offering flight instruction, you are welcome to include links to your site and related contact information as it pertains to offering local flight instruction in a specific geographic area. Additionally, direct links to FAA and related official government sources of information are welcome. However we thank you for your understanding that links to other sites or text that may be construed as explicit or implicit advertising of other business, sites, or goods/services are not permitted even if such links nominally are relevant to the question asked.