Welcome Guest. Sign in or Signup

1 Answers

Old Private Pilot

Asked by: 1770 views FAA Regulations, Flight Instructor, General Aviation, Student Pilot

I got my private pilot licesne back in 2001 and moved from VA to TX. When I got to Houston I stopped flying and never took a plane again. I want to get my 3rd class medical and continue flying. What do I need to do according to the new regs?

Ace Any FAA Written Test!
Actual FAA Questions / Free Lifetime Updates
The best explanations in the business
Fast, efficient study.
Pass Your Checkride With Confidence!
FAA Practical Test prep that reflects actual checkrides.
Any checkride: Airplane, Helicopter, Glider, etc.
Written and maintained by actual pilot examiners and master CFIs.
The World's Most Trusted eLogbook
Be Organized, Current, Professional, and Safe.
Highly customizable - for student pilots through pros.
Free Transition Service for users of other eLogs.
Our sincere thanks to pilots such as yourself who support AskACFI while helping themselves by using the awesome PC, Mac, iPhone/iPad, and Android aviation apps of our sponsors.

1 Answers

  1. John D Collins on Apr 10, 2015

    Go ahead and get your Class III physical.

    If you don’t have a plastic version of your pilot’s certificate, you will need to replace your paper version. See https://www.faa.gov/licenses_certificates/airmen_certification/certificate_replacement/

    You will need to get some flight instruction and a flight review according to 61.56 and to carry passengers you will need to comply with currency requirements in 61.57.

    To rent from an FBO, you will need to comply with their checkout procedures.

    Over all it should be straight forward to get back in the air.

    +1 Votes Thumb up 1 Votes Thumb down 0 Votes

The following terms have been auto-detected the question above and any answers or discussion provided. Click on a term to see its definition from the Dauntless Aviation JargonBuster Glossary.

Answer Question

Our sincere thanks to all who contribute constructively to this forum in answering flight training questions. If you are a flight instructor or represent a flight school / FBO offering flight instruction, you are welcome to include links to your site and related contact information as it pertains to offering local flight instruction in a specific geographic area. Additionally, direct links to FAA and related official government sources of information are welcome. However we thank you for your understanding that links to other sites or text that may be construed as explicit or implicit advertising of other business, sites, or goods/services are not permitted even if such links nominally are relevant to the question asked.