Welcome Guest. Sign in or Signup

3 Answers

Getting back into flying after a FAR violation

Asked by: 4671 views Commercial Pilot, Flight Instructor, Instrument Rating

I am trying to bet back to flying, and obtain a new job but back on 2004 I had from the faa a letter of investigation which it turn out .- Getting  a 6 month suspension on my commercial certificate, and they violate me with FAR 91.13.   No accidents. I have 7000 Hrs , and I would like to come back to flying again. Any advice.... Thanks

Ace Any FAA Written Test!
Actual FAA Questions / Free Lifetime Updates
The best explanations in the business
Fast, efficient study.
Pass Your Checkride With Confidence!
FAA Practical Test prep that reflects actual checkrides.
Any checkride: Airplane, Helicopter, Glider, etc.
Written and maintained by actual pilot examiners and master CFIs.
The World's Most Trusted eLogbook
Be Organized, Current, Professional, and Safe.
Highly customizable - for student pilots through pros.
Free Transition Service for users of other eLogs.
Our sincere thanks to pilots such as yourself who support AskACFI while helping themselves by using the awesome PC, Mac, iPhone/iPad, and Android aviation apps of our sponsors.

3 Answers

  1. reglawyer on Oct 22, 2010

    Don’t sweat it too much.  The FAA breaks the all the time.  Do your best, keep your nose clean, fly safe, but don’t let this get you down. 
    More here: agcwhistleblower.wordpress.com

    0 Votes Thumb up 0 Votes Thumb down 0 Votes

  2. Jason Schappert on Oct 22, 2010

    I would just get back to the grid iron man!
    Don’t let it hold you back, look forward and fly your best and be safe about it.
    Keep learning, stay proficient

    +1 Votes Thumb up 3 Votes Thumb down 2 Votes

  3. Best Answer

    Kent Shook on Oct 22, 2010

    My question would be – What happened? And maybe more importantly, what did you learn from it? I would expect that second question to be part of any job interview you have, so the answer to that is very important.

    When your certificate was suspended, did they say you needed to do a 709 ride to start flying again? Have you not flown since 2004? If the answer to either or both of those questions is a “yes” then you’ll need to go up with an instructor either to prepare for the 709 ride or to get your BFR done. Let us know roughly where you’re located, and maybe someone can recommend an instructor who fits the bill.

    Finally, I agree with the others – Let’s get you back flying again!

    +1 Votes Thumb up 1 Votes Thumb down 0 Votes

The following terms have been auto-detected the question above and any answers or discussion provided. Click on a term to see its definition from the Dauntless Aviation JargonBuster Glossary.

Answer Question

Our sincere thanks to all who contribute constructively to this forum in answering flight training questions. If you are a flight instructor or represent a flight school / FBO offering flight instruction, you are welcome to include links to your site and related contact information as it pertains to offering local flight instruction in a specific geographic area. Additionally, direct links to FAA and related official government sources of information are welcome. However we thank you for your understanding that links to other sites or text that may be construed as explicit or implicit advertising of other business, sites, or goods/services are not permitted even if such links nominally are relevant to the question asked.