Welcome Guest. Sign in or Signup

3 Answers

CFI instructing outside usa

Asked by: 1852 views FAA Regulations, Flight Instructor

hello there,

i have couple question about giving a FAA training outside U.S.

i am a FAA CFI living outside the u.s

1- can i give training outside usa on N airplane registration?

2- if it is possible where can i find DPE and FAA approved wretten test center in the middle east?

3- does the student need to get TSA approve just for ground school training?

Ace Any FAA Written Test!
Actual FAA Questions / Free Lifetime Updates
The best explanations in the business
Fast, efficient study.
Pass Your Checkride With Confidence!
FAA Practical Test prep that reflects actual checkrides.
Any checkride: Airplane, Helicopter, Glider, etc.
Written and maintained by actual pilot examiners and master CFIs.
The World's Most Trusted eLogbook
Be Organized, Current, Professional, and Safe.
Highly customizable - for student pilots through pros.
Free Transition Service for users of other eLogs.
Our sincere thanks to pilots such as yourself who support AskACFI while helping themselves by using the awesome PC, Mac, iPhone/iPad, and Android aviation apps of our sponsors.

3 Answers

  1. Kris Kortokrax on May 19, 2014

    1 Yes, you can give training in an N registered airplane outside the USA.

    2 You’ll probably have to contact the FAA to find out about the DPE. Try the testing companies to see if they have test centers in foreign countries.

    3 I wouldn’t think that the TSA can enforce its regulations outside the USA. Check the security regulations in the country in which you want to instruct.

    0 Votes Thumb up 0 Votes Thumb down 0 Votes

  2. Shih-Cheng Chang on Jun 12, 2014

    2. There is no CATS center in middle East(as I know) and it is hard for FAA to establish one since they suffer budget issues. I try to build one in Taiwan but ….never happen..
    3. Ground training need NO TSA approve. Only flight training need it.

    0 Votes Thumb up 0 Votes Thumb down 0 Votes

  3. Florent Barale on Feb 05, 2015

    I have a similar question for France. I have a CFI and CFII.
    Can I give training (mainly Flight Review and IPC) in France on a French registered aircraft, or do I need an N-registered aircraft?

    0 Votes Thumb up 0 Votes Thumb down 0 Votes

The following terms have been auto-detected the question above and any answers or discussion provided. Click on a term to see its definition from the Dauntless Aviation JargonBuster Glossary.

Answer Question

Our sincere thanks to all who contribute constructively to this forum in answering flight training questions. If you are a flight instructor or represent a flight school / FBO offering flight instruction, you are welcome to include links to your site and related contact information as it pertains to offering local flight instruction in a specific geographic area. Additionally, direct links to FAA and related official government sources of information are welcome. However we thank you for your understanding that links to other sites or text that may be construed as explicit or implicit advertising of other business, sites, or goods/services are not permitted even if such links nominally are relevant to the question asked.