Welcome Guest. Sign in or Signup

1 Answers

EASA Atpl to FAA conversion requirements

Asked by: 4597 views , , , ,
FAA Regulations

Hello, I have my EASA ATPL written exams past and I recently got my FAA CPL. I want to take the FAA writen ATP. Are there any exception in the subjects that I may be eligible to?

Ace Any FAA Written Test!
Dauntless Aviation's GroundSchool series of apps are the smart pilot's choice for fast and effective FAA knowledge test prep.
Actual, up-to-date FAA questions Polished user experience
Best explanations in the business Free lifetime updates!
Private Pilot IFR Commercial Pilot CFI ATP Sport Pilot Sport Pilot Instructor Parachute Rigger Aviation Mechanic (A&P)
You can get the app now and be studying right away. Available for PC, Mac, iPhone/iPad, and Android.

1 Answers

  1. Kris Kortokrax on May 09, 2014

    The title of your post suggests something different than the text in your post.

    There is a procedure to convert a Canadian ATP to an FAA ATP and vice versa.
    There is no procedure in place that I am aware of to convert an EASA ATP to an FAA ATP.

    As far as the knowledge (written) test is concerned, i don’t believe you can receive any credit towards the FAA test by having passed the EASA test. On the plus side, since you have studied that material, it should still be fresh in your mind.

    One word of caution. See the current version of 61.39(a).
    If you take the ATP knowledge test prior to August 1, 2014, the score will be good for 24 months.

    If you take it after July 31, 2014, it will be good for 60 months, however you will need to complete an ATP certification training program prior to taking the knowledge test. The training program will require you to complete 10 hours of simulator training which will increase the cost dramatically.

    0 Votes Thumb up 0 Votes Thumb down 0 Votes

The following terms have been auto-detected the question above and any answers or discussion provided. Click on a term to see its definition from the Dauntless Aviation JargonBuster Glossary.

Answer Question

Our sincere thanks to all who contribute constructively to this forum in answering flight training questions. If you are a flight instructor or represent a flight school / FBO offering flight instruction, you are welcome to include links to your site and related contact information as it pertains to offering local flight instruction in a specific geographic area. Additionally, direct links to FAA and related official government sources of information are welcome. However we thank you for your understanding that links to other sites or text that may be construed as explicit or implicit advertising of other business, sites, or goods/services are not permitted even if such links nominally are relevant to the question asked.