Welcome Guest. Sign in or Signup

1 Answers

Conversion to unrestricted FAA PPL

Asked by: 1940 views Private Pilot

I do have an European PPL according to Part-FCL (almost 500 hours on SEP, TMG) There is many information about validating this license, but only few information about obtaining a unrestricted PPL. What is needed for this conversion? Preparations before travelling into the US, flight training, exams ... costs? Kind regards, Jan

Ace Any FAA Written Test!
Dauntless Aviation's GroundSchool series of apps are the smart pilot's choice for fast and effective FAA knowledge test prep.
Actual, up-to-date FAA questions Polished user experience
Best explanations in the business Free lifetime updates!
Private Pilot IFR Commercial Pilot CFI ATP Sport Pilot Sport Pilot Instructor Parachute Rigger Aviation Mechanic (A&P)
You can get the app now and be studying right away. Available for PC, Mac, iPhone/iPad, and Android.

1 Answers

  1. Wes Beard on Aug 26, 2013

    To get an unrestricted US PPL license, you will need to complete the practical test. This includes making sure you have all the aeronautical experience (20 hours of dual instruction with an approved instructor) and pass the written test.

    The restricted PPL license only requires you to have your European license in your possession when flying with your U.S. license and comply with the restrictions of both your European and US licenses.

    I personally don’t see the advantage of going through the process of getting an unrestricted US PPL license.

    If you want to get a US commercial or ATP license, you will need to pass the U.S. practical test.

    0 Votes Thumb up 0 Votes Thumb down 0 Votes

The following terms have been auto-detected the question above and any answers or discussion provided. Click on a term to see its definition from the Dauntless Aviation JargonBuster Glossary.

Answer Question

Our sincere thanks to all who contribute constructively to this forum in answering flight training questions. If you are a flight instructor or represent a flight school / FBO offering flight instruction, you are welcome to include links to your site and related contact information as it pertains to offering local flight instruction in a specific geographic area. Additionally, direct links to FAA and related official government sources of information are welcome. However we thank you for your understanding that links to other sites or text that may be construed as explicit or implicit advertising of other business, sites, or goods/services are not permitted even if such links nominally are relevant to the question asked.