How to choose a flight instructor
I found this great article at Wikihow and wanted to share it with you:
Here are some highlights from the article
- Airports usually have a Fixed Base Operator (FBO). The FBO manages the airport and hosts (or may own) flight schools. Flight schools have Certificated Flight Instructors (CFI) with training aircraft for rent.
- If no one has recommended a CFI, the school will assign one to you.
- Some questions you might want to ask:
- What is your schedule and general availability?
- What is your training philosophy?
- What is your billing policy?
- After the first couple of flights you’ll get a feel for how the training is going. Ask yourself if you feel the CFI is: too laid back, too stern, genuinely concerned about your learning, or distracted. Hey, its your money! If it doesn’t feel right request another CFI.