Welcome Guest. Sign in or Signup

2 Answers

Commercial Training Complex – Dual?

Asked by: 1405 views , ,
Commercial Pilot, FAA Regulations

I'm curious to know if the 10 hours of complex time for the commercial SEL needs to be done with an instructor, or if it is possible to complete the hours solo after receiving the complex endorsement. The language in CFR 61.123 (below) has me a bit confused on whether "10 hours of training" must be dual.



(ii) 10 hours of training in an airplane that has a retractable landing gear, flaps, and a controllable pitch propeller, or is turbine-powered, or for an applicant seeking a single-engine seaplane rating, 10 hours of training in a seaplane that has flaps and a controllable pitch propeller;

2 Answers

  1. Sam Dawson on Oct 16, 2012

    Training=with a CFI. So you need at least 10 hours dual.

    +1 Votes Thumb up 1 Votes Thumb down 0 Votes

  2. Ryan on Oct 16, 2012

    Thanks Sam. I figured as much but was looking for confirmation.

    0 Votes Thumb up 0 Votes Thumb down 0 Votes

Answer Question