Welcome Guest. Sign in or Signup

1 Answers

High performance and complex endorsements

Asked by: 2420 views , , , ,
General Aviation

I have an ICAO and FAA PPLs. back in my country I have flown several hours on complex and high performance aircrafts. Do I  need to have a complex and high performance endorsements on my logbook from a FAA CFI in order to fly a complex/high performance a N registered aircraft? Or am I good to go with my flying experience on non N registered aircrafts?

Ace Any FAA Written Test!
Actual FAA Questions / Free Lifetime Updates
The best explanations in the business
Fast, efficient study.
Pass Your Checkride With Confidence!
FAA Practical Test prep that reflects actual checkrides.
Any checkride: Airplane, Helicopter, Glider, etc.
Written and maintained by actual pilot examiners and master CFIs.
The World's Most Trusted eLogbook
Be Organized, Current, Professional, and Safe.
Highly customizable - for student pilots through pros.
Free Transition Service for users of other eLogs.
Our sincere thanks to pilots such as yourself who support AskACFI while helping themselves by using the awesome PC, Mac, iPhone/iPad, and Android aviation apps of our sponsors.

1 Answers

  1. Wes Beard on Sep 12, 2012

    To fly a N registered outside your country you will need to have both high performance and complex endorsements.

    If you are inside your country and legal to fly high performance and complex aircraft under your country’s license then you can operate a N registered airplane regardless of FAA endorsement.

    -1 Votes Thumb up 0 Votes Thumb down 1 Votes

The following terms have been auto-detected the question above and any answers or discussion provided. Click on a term to see its definition from the Dauntless Aviation JargonBuster Glossary.

Answer Question

Our sincere thanks to all who contribute constructively to this forum in answering flight training questions. If you are a flight instructor or represent a flight school / FBO offering flight instruction, you are welcome to include links to your site and related contact information as it pertains to offering local flight instruction in a specific geographic area. Additionally, direct links to FAA and related official government sources of information are welcome. However we thank you for your understanding that links to other sites or text that may be construed as explicit or implicit advertising of other business, sites, or goods/services are not permitted even if such links nominally are relevant to the question asked.