Welcome Guest. Sign in or Signup

5 Answers

FLight time please help

Asked by: 2625 views , , ,
Private Pilot

I am a private pilot single engine land with a complex endorsement, however i do not have a high performance endorsement. I was flying with friends in a P32r saragtoga and a BE33 bonanza I was the one acting as PIC. Could i log the hours anyhow i dont have the high performance endorsement?

Ace Any FAA Written Test!
Actual FAA Questions / Free Lifetime Updates
The best explanations in the business
Fast, efficient study.
Pass Your Checkride With Confidence!
FAA Practical Test prep that reflects actual checkrides.
Any checkride: Airplane, Helicopter, Glider, etc.
Written and maintained by actual pilot examiners and master CFIs.
The World's Most Trusted eLogbook
Be Organized, Current, Professional, and Safe.
Highly customizable - for student pilots through pros.
Free Transition Service for users of other eLogs.
Our sincere thanks to pilots such as yourself who support AskACFI while helping themselves by using the awesome PC, Mac, iPhone/iPad, and Android aviation apps of our sponsors.

5 Answers

  1. n on Sep 02, 2012

    I think you know the answer to that, NO

    And your probably shouldn’t be acting as PIC in aircraft you are not qualified to act as PIC in,

    Guessing if you bent that plane the idiot that let you fly it would have ether had to lie and say he was PIC, or eat the damages, I doubt the insurance co would have took it in the shorts on that one.

    0 Votes Thumb up 0 Votes Thumb down 0 Votes

  2. Nathan Parker on Sep 02, 2012

    “I was the one acting as PIC. Could i log the hours anyhow i dont have the high performance endorsement?”

    I’m hoping you’re confused a bit about the situation. You weren’t qualified to ACT as pilot-in-command, so hopefully there was someone on the airplane who had the appropriate endorsements and was the legal PIC. However, if you were the sole manipulator of the controls, then you can log the time as PIC, since the only requirement is that you have the class and category of the aircraft on your pilot certificate. An endorsement isn’t a rating and isn’t required to log PIC time; they endorsements are only required when you ACT as pilot-in-command.

    +6 Votes Thumb up 6 Votes Thumb down 0 Votes

  3. David A Hatcher on Sep 03, 2012

    n is totally correct. This is something not taught by CFIs or flight schools so listen up! If your not qualified to operate a aircraft then don’t. If you don’t meet the requirements of the insurance carrier for that aircraft then don’t. When you rent an aircraft they have MINIMUM requirements, usually hours in TYPE and require a “check” from one of their instructors. Do you think that is something they pulled of of their hat? No-it’s their insurance requirements. You can meet Part 61 requirements and not insurance requirements. You wreck their aircraft you are liable for damages, including recovery, enviornmental damage, storage, legal costs- everything. If you choose to operate an aircraft you are not qualified in the FAA WILL cite you for reckless operation. This will result in 1-suspension of license 2-civil fines 3-License REVOCATION. If you injure a occupant or person on the ground you are liable for “damages” thats all medical expenses, pain and suffering, legal and punitive. If you kill someone the District Attorney will charge you with manslaughter or maybe even murder.
    I am a ATP Helo/CommASMEL CFII and work as a Litigation Consultant

    0 Votes Thumb up 0 Votes Thumb down 0 Votes

  4. John D. Collins on Sep 03, 2012

    All three of you are totally correct, but I suspect that Nathan hit the nail right on the head.

    0 Votes Thumb up 0 Votes Thumb down 0 Votes

  5. Gary Moore on Sep 03, 2012

    And remember – while that time may not count toward a currency requirement – it’s your logbook – you can put whatever you want in it….

    -1 Votes Thumb up 0 Votes Thumb down 1 Votes

The following terms have been auto-detected the question above and any answers or discussion provided. Click on a term to see its definition from the Dauntless Aviation JargonBuster Glossary.

Answer Question

Our sincere thanks to all who contribute constructively to this forum in answering flight training questions. If you are a flight instructor or represent a flight school / FBO offering flight instruction, you are welcome to include links to your site and related contact information as it pertains to offering local flight instruction in a specific geographic area. Additionally, direct links to FAA and related official government sources of information are welcome. However we thank you for your understanding that links to other sites or text that may be construed as explicit or implicit advertising of other business, sites, or goods/services are not permitted even if such links nominally are relevant to the question asked.