Welcome Guest. Sign in or Signup

1 Answers

US PPL Holder, endorsements in non-N registered planes

Asked by: 4068 views Private Pilot

On the back of my US PPL I am appllying for an Austrlian Special Pilots License which allows me to fly in Australia without having to convert to a full Australian pilot license for recreation purposes.

My question is can I train in Australia on V registered planes and have those endoresmants count towards my US PPL?

For example if I  do an aerobatic, complex variable pitch or a type endoresment in Australia will it carry to my US PPL?


Ace Any FAA Written Test!
Actual FAA Questions / Free Lifetime Updates
The best explanations in the business
Fast, efficient study.
Pass Your Checkride With Confidence!
FAA Practical Test prep that reflects actual checkrides.
Any checkride: Airplane, Helicopter, Glider, etc.
Written and maintained by actual pilot examiners and master CFIs.
The World's Most Trusted eLogbook
Be Organized, Current, Professional, and Safe.
Highly customizable - for student pilots through pros.
Free Transition Service for users of other eLogs.
Our sincere thanks to pilots such as yourself who support AskACFI while helping themselves by using the awesome PC, Mac, iPhone/iPad, and Android aviation apps of our sponsors.

1 Answers

  1. Wes Beard on Jun 19, 2012

    The training does not have to be completed by a US certificated flight instructor but the endorsements must be endorsed by a US CFI.  See 61.41
    The rules get a little more sticky.  For example, you can fly a “V” registered airplane in US airspace and that airplance can be a complex or high performance airplane.  In this case, you aren’t using your US pilots license but your Australian one and as such, your Australian license must have those endorsements, if required under their regulations.
    If you are in Australia, you can fly a “V” or “N” registered airplane under your Australian license.  However, I don’t know Australian regulations and may want to check on this.
    However, if you are in the US and are flying a “N” registered aiplane, you must have those endorsements to act as pilot in command of a complex and/or high performance aircraft.  See  61.3(a)(1) and 61.3(b)(2)

    0 Votes Thumb up 0 Votes Thumb down 0 Votes

The following terms have been auto-detected the question above and any answers or discussion provided. Click on a term to see its definition from the Dauntless Aviation JargonBuster Glossary.

Answer Question

Our sincere thanks to all who contribute constructively to this forum in answering flight training questions. If you are a flight instructor or represent a flight school / FBO offering flight instruction, you are welcome to include links to your site and related contact information as it pertains to offering local flight instruction in a specific geographic area. Additionally, direct links to FAA and related official government sources of information are welcome. However we thank you for your understanding that links to other sites or text that may be construed as explicit or implicit advertising of other business, sites, or goods/services are not permitted even if such links nominally are relevant to the question asked.