Welcome Guest. Sign in or Signup

1 Answers

Resuming currency while flying under foreign license

Asked by: 331 views , ,
FAA Regulations

Being a foreigner, I am in the process of obtaining ATP certificate with Airbus type rating.

The question is:

What is needed in order to resume currency of FAA ATP (with type rating) in case I regularly fly the same type under foreign license but do not fly under FAA ATP for 3, 5 or 10 years?

What is needed to resume two types (Airbus A320 and A330)?

Thank You.


Ace Any FAA Written Test!
Actual FAA Questions / Free Lifetime Updates
The best explanations in the business
Fast, efficient study.
Pass Your Checkride With Confidence!
FAA Practical Test prep that reflects actual checkrides.
Any checkride: Airplane, Helicopter, Glider, etc.
Written and maintained by actual pilot examiners and master CFIs.
The World's Most Trusted eLogbook
Be Organized, Current, Professional, and Safe.
Highly customizable - for student pilots through pros.
Free Transition Service for users of other eLogs.
Our sincere thanks to pilots such as yourself who support AskACFI while helping themselves by using the awesome PC, Mac, iPhone/iPad, and Android aviation apps of our sponsors.

1 Answers

  1. Kris Kortokrax on Feb 13, 2018

    Not sure exactly what you mean by currency. As far as Part 61 is concerned, you would need a 61.58 check within no more than 24 calendar months for each type. You would also need to meet the recent experience requirements of 61.57. Flight review would be covered by 61.58 check.

    I don’t know many operations that would rent you an A320 or A330.

    That would put you in the position of flying one for a U.S. carrier. In that case you would need to complete training and checking requirements for that carrier.

    +1 Votes Thumb up 2 Votes Thumb down 1 Votes

The following terms have been auto-detected the question above and any answers or discussion provided. Click on a term to see its definition from the Dauntless Aviation JargonBuster Glossary.

Answer Question

Our sincere thanks to all who contribute constructively to this forum in answering flight training questions. If you are a flight instructor or represent a flight school / FBO offering flight instruction, you are welcome to include links to your site and related contact information as it pertains to offering local flight instruction in a specific geographic area. Additionally, direct links to FAA and related official government sources of information are welcome. However we thank you for your understanding that links to other sites or text that may be construed as explicit or implicit advertising of other business, sites, or goods/services are not permitted even if such links nominally are relevant to the question asked.