Welcome Guest. Sign in or Signup

1 Answers

What steps should i take for converting my military licenses

Asked by: 1643 views Helicopter

Im a  military helicopter pilot, actually i just finished my third brevet and im officially an operational pilot with 60h on fixed wing, 70h on EC AS350, 80h on "Huey"UH-1H
and IR. Im building up hours now. i would like to complete my career out of military. So could any one give me some ideas as " how to do it" or what to do exactly cause our licenses are not similar to civil licenses. Should i have to contact a school and convert it and which one u recommand for me. Plz feel free to give me some plans as it was you. I feel lost really in this part, i did lot of reserches and i found tons of suggestions.
Thank you

Ace Any FAA Written Test!
Actual FAA Questions / Free Lifetime Updates
The best explanations in the business
Fast, efficient study.
Pass Your Checkride With Confidence!
FAA Practical Test prep that reflects actual checkrides.
Any checkride: Airplane, Helicopter, Glider, etc.
Written and maintained by actual pilot examiners and master CFIs.
The World's Most Trusted eLogbook
Be Organized, Current, Professional, and Safe.
Highly customizable - for student pilots through pros.
Free Transition Service for users of other eLogs.
Our sincere thanks to pilots such as yourself who support AskACFI while helping themselves by using the awesome PC, Mac, iPhone/iPad, and Android aviation apps of our sponsors.

1 Answers

  1. John D Collins on Dec 21, 2013

    Are you a US Military pilot or a military pilot in the Armed Forces of a foreign contracting State to the Convention on International Civil Aviation who is assigned to pilot duties in the U.S. Armed Forces, for purposes other than receiving flight training? If you are, read 61.73 for details on what you need to do.

    -1 Votes Thumb up 0 Votes Thumb down 1 Votes

The following terms have been auto-detected the question above and any answers or discussion provided. Click on a term to see its definition from the Dauntless Aviation JargonBuster Glossary.

Answer Question

Our sincere thanks to all who contribute constructively to this forum in answering flight training questions. If you are a flight instructor or represent a flight school / FBO offering flight instruction, you are welcome to include links to your site and related contact information as it pertains to offering local flight instruction in a specific geographic area. Additionally, direct links to FAA and related official government sources of information are welcome. However we thank you for your understanding that links to other sites or text that may be construed as explicit or implicit advertising of other business, sites, or goods/services are not permitted even if such links nominally are relevant to the question asked.